Changing Your Name Has Legal Ramifications

Do you wish to change your name back to what it was before you were married? If so, attorney Terry L. Hart can be of assistance. It is possible to have a name change ordered as part of a divorce decree in Texas. This can save you time and money, as well as avoid the hassle of completing the name changing steps separately from your divorce action.

Contact Terry Hart for an initial consultation regarding your name change or call 877-576-7390.

Changing Your Last Name and the Names of Your Children

Texas law provides that name changes can be issued in a divorce decree as long as they are for a prior-used name. A name change to something completely new cannot be adopted into your divorce decree. To obtain a name change outside of a divorce, a separate suit must be initiated with evidence that you have not been convicted of a felony and are not attempting to defraud creditors or to avoid criminal prosecution.

If you wish to file a name change with your divorce or file a separate suit for a name change, attorney Hart will be there to assist you. He can also help you change the name of your minor child in appropriate cases.

Get the Help You Need. Contact Terry Hart Today.

For help regarding your name changing needs, contact Terry L. Hart online. He can also be reached at 713-581-1773 or 877-576-7390.