Enforcing and Modifying Family Court Decrees

At the Houston law office of Terry L. Hart, Attorney at Law, Mr. Hart helps parents enforce their court-ordered child support and to enforce their rights to possession and access to their children.

Protecting Your Rights

Child support, and child custody and visitation arrangements are court-ordered rights and responsibilities. When one parent fails to fulfill his or her support obligations or interferes with child custody and visitation, he or she may be held in contempt of court.

In Texas, courts may garnish wages and sentence parents to jail time for failure to pay child support. Similar penalties may be applied to a parent who interferes with visitation or parenting time.

Mr. Hart can thoroughly examine the situation and help you figure out the best way to enforce your rights and hold the other parent accountable for not living up to his or her obligations. This may involve a motion for enforcement or a suit to modify an existing decree. It could involve appearing before a judge. An experienced litigator, Mr. Hart can aggressively assert your rights, when necessary.

Property Division Settlements

During a divorce, marital property must be divided between the spouses. Whether the division is agreed to between the spouses in a property division settlement or is ordered by a judge after trial, spouses must respect the terms of the agreement.

Attorney Terry Hart petitions the court to enforce his clients’ property division orders and ensure clients get the financial assets they were awarded.

Contact Attorney Terry Hart Today

For assistance enforcing your child custody and visitation orders, or forcing payment of court-ordered child support, contact lawyer Terry L. Hart. Call his law office today at 713-581-1773 or toll free at 877-576-7390.